Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Catch up!

Since my last post was all the way back in September, I shall attempt to bring everything up to date.... ish.

Let's see....

Georgie is a girl.


My gorgeous niece was born on September 27, 2010. She was 9lbs 7.5 oz. She was a big one. Still is! I love her chunky cheeks!



October was a BUSY month, which ended with us in Disneyland snaggin' our weights in candy!







My husband's cousin got married October 10th and Evan was the photographer, with me directing all the shots of course. ;) Heather and her hubby look like friggin models in all their pictures! It was a lot of fun and I always enjoy visiting with all of them.

We got to see Beauty and the Beast at ASU Gammage and it was AMAZING. I was disappointed that "Gaston's" mic kept cutting in and out because he was AWESOME and definitely one of my favorite "Gastons." I have the play book and ticket stubs on my bulletin board at work. Makes me all giddy. I want to see it again! In New York! ;) Which maaaayyy happen this summer, so I am keepin' my fingers crossed!

My brother, his wife, and Brylie all came down for 10 days at the beginning of November, which was awesome. We were all pretty sad that they wouldn't be able to come down for Thanksgiving, because my brother, the stinker, said he didn't get leave, and then SURPRISE! they all show up at Mom and Pops' house at 7AM after driving all night to surprise everyone.
We all made sure to get our family pictures done before they left.

The girls

The boys

Evan and I

All of us!


I was glad I got to say goodbye to Bobby. My parents left with Bobby, Elyssa, and Brylie that Saturday night to help pack up their house and see my brother leave on his ship that Tuesday- the name escapes me at the moment. I think it's the USS Gridley, but that's probably wrong. Haha. It's a little destroyer accompanying another destroyer and a HUGE carrier so I bet, even though he's missing everyone terribly, that he's having a blast. Well, as much fun as can be had in the Navy... Haha.

Elyssa and Brylie moved down to my house later that week, and it's been a lot of fun having them stay with us. They were gone over the holidays visiting Elyssa's mommy and are due to get in to AZ tonight.

Let's see, what else....?

I managed to finish this semester without going nutso, which was a close thing for awhile. Haha. I am allergic to homework. ;)

I also whacked off all my hair..... which I regret now. Hahah. Isn't that how it always pans out??




On Christmas, since it was Saturday, I was strong-armed into playing for church, which made me sick to my stomach Christmas morning which is always awesome....not. We decided to play Silent Night, me on the piano, Stace on her flute, and Ma on her clarinet, which went great considering we didn't pick the song until Thursday night, two days before Christmas. The "unfortunate" part comes with us being the 3rd in line to play Silent Night for the church service. We were laughin' so hard by the time we got to our turn. And then the second to last woman who sang picked a medley which ended with, you guessed it, Silent Night.

After church, we rushed back to Mom and Dad's, opened presents, stuffed our faces with turkey and all that jazz, and then I shot everyone including my parent's dogs and cats (who didn't care in the least) with my littler brother's AMAZING nerf machine gun until we had to jump back into the car for our traditional Christmas movie. We chose Tron this year and it ROCKED. Good stuff.

For New Year's, everyone came to my place, originally because fireworks were "legalized" on the 31st and Jan 1st in Gilbert, but a similar rule got passed in Mesa, so.... so much for that plan!. But everyone (my immediate family, my aunt and her family, and our good buds Tommy and Andrea and their super ctuey daughters) brought a ton of yummy food to my house where we messed with the kinect, and most importantly, blew up a TON of fire crackers. My uncle tried to set himself on fire by standing too close to the sparks and jumping over them. We all told him that we weren't taking him to the ER if he hurt himself.

I really missed my bro over the holidays, and he was pretty sad he missed the fireworks, so he has informed us all that we will be having a "Christmas/New Year's/4th of July" party when he gets back this summer. Lol. Sounds good to me!

And I made the cutest hat for Brylie who wears it like a star!

2 comments:

  1. Wow I always love hearing about all of your adventures even if it isn't in person as much as I would like :-/ Hopefully this year we can see eachother a lot more often! Love all the family pics and can't wait to see what your next blog has in store ;-)
    Xoxo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is so cool. I love Georgie, I am showing everyone at Pathfinders, they think she is cute and they love making the survival bracelets. Now we are snuggling our grand baby!!!
    Mommy

    ReplyDelete

I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.


Sisters

Best. Trip. EVER!

This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .

My baby is prettier than yours