New year, new changes. For the better methinks. My mother recently found that she has a high chance of heart attack/stroke and has to redo her entire diet. I was pretty freaked out (of course) and decided that I needed to help her stick with her new restrictions and so I became her weight-loss buddy. I am her diet nazi and she is mine. Now is the time that my metabolism is the highest it will ever be and once I reach the point where I want to start a family, I want to be a healthy incubator for my kid-lets. I hesitate to say New Year's Resolution since I started the diet a week before Christmas, but my goal for this year is to get healthy. I weighed in the first day at 211 a couple weeks ago, and this week I reached the robust weight of 205 GO ME. So hopefully the numbers keep falling for both Mommy and me. If there is something to blog about, I figure keeping a record on here will keep me motivated. My first weight goal is 180, at which time I will do a HIP HIP HOORAY posting on here (aren't you all so excited??). There's a "magic" mirror at the weigh-in place that shows you how you will look twenty pounds lighter, and lets just say I'm going to look pretty damn sexy. ;) Lol. JK. My doc says that 150lb should be where I stop unless I feel I should lose a little more. Since I am big-boned and tall, I doubt I will be able to get below that number and stay healthy. Lol.
Hopefully in all this I achieve my most important goal of reversing my asthma. It kicks my butt in the winter time, let me tell you, and I miss being able to run around like I used to. Ever since I changed from Flovent to Advair (maintenance drugs) my asthma attacks are fewer, yes, but more severe. I don't know if any of you have ever tried to breathe through a straw? It's very uncomfortable to say the least. This past month I have had to use my nebulizer more than once since my emergency inhalers have failed to stop the attacks, so that's a little scary.
Here's to motivation and everything this new year brings. Happy New Year's!
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.
Sisters
Best. Trip. EVER!
This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .
My baby is prettier than yours

No comments:
Post a Comment