Monday, March 22, 2010

Wedding Madness

This weekend was wholly dedicated to our friends' wedding on Saturday. Friday was the rehearsal dinner which was held at Dave and Busters at Tempe Market Place, a location which I LOATHE. I hate driving there, I don't like parking, and getting out of there is a mess. But since we're awesome friends, we went. I left my purse in the car and ended up having to go ALL the way back to get it so the dork at the entrance could card me. Umm, I don't drink, moron. *Rolls eyes. Anyway, we ended up staying for almost a couple hours before we left. I was suffering from "woman woes" so it's amazing I lasted that long. On Saturday, the groom hung out at our house for awhile and went driving with Evan. I finally was motivated enough to actually get ready and came downstairs about an hour before the ceremony to find both men at the table talking. I asked, "Weren't you guys supposed to be at the golf club at 3:30?" To which they replied, "Crap, what time is it?" Lol. I shooed both men out and got them there and into their tuxes and found my seat. Let me just say, there's nothing more awkward than attending a wedding where you only know the bride and groom and your husband is a groomsman. I had to sit all by myself for most of the night. I finally found some people to socialize while I waited for Evan to be free from duties and they were funny. We stayed til about 9:30 before goin outside. We were posing as "the ride" to the hotel because the groom wanted to surprise his wife with a really nice SUV he had rented to take them. Well, the car was late and so I tried stalling at the curb with the bride while the boys lingered around the car, trying in vain to figure out where the car was. About a half an hour later, we finally loaded both into the back of our VW and set out. Luckily, we spotted the car and turned back to the club because we "forgot something" and unloaded the newlyweds. Lol. After settling them in their car, we went home. On the way, a horrible headache started and got worse until it reached full-blown migraine so I went to bed pretty early. That was a pretty terrible night. Then we woke up, rushed out to get a wedding present that we had forgotten to get before, and went to the after-party(?) at the newlyweds' home. We spent a few hours there before my migraine came back. Eeek! It took about 6 hours to go away and luckily, it was early enough to catch a movie, Bounty Hunter, which was fun.

It sucks that it is Monday and school is back in session, plus another class started and I managed to get my homework done, but I don't want to go to class tonight or tomorrow. Lol. UGH! I hate school. I don't want to deal with it anymore, but I'm almost done so I will keep pushing. This weekend we'll finally have time to finish painting and hopefully get our ceiling fan installed in our room. Yay! Keepin' my fingers crossed...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.


Sisters

Best. Trip. EVER!

This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .

My baby is prettier than yours