Monday, March 1, 2010

House Makeover Part 1! :)

This weekend was amazingly busy. We went to Buca di Beppo's for my birthday family dinner and everyone was there. We were seated in the "Pope Room." It was hilarious. There were all these pictures of different popes on the walls and naked angels on the ceiling. The table was round and had a lazy susan in the middle with a pope bust in the middle! He was kinda scary so everyone kept spinning him around when no one noticed so he wouldn't be staring at us. The waiter was in and out at awkward times and did not like us very much. He was pushy and would just interrupt whoever was talking and would stalk back out again. It was weird! But this chef guy kept coming in to check on us and I think that he thought we were hilarious. One of the times he came in, my dad happened to be telling the story of when my oldest sister was born (it was a pretty horrendous birthing. lol) and when he got to the part about the forceps, the guy walks in as dad is recounting "the blood on the floor and the doc pulls out giant salad tongs," and we all started laughing at the guy's face. He joked around with us about coming in at the wrong time. After making sure that we were doing okay, he left, so Dad started the story up again and ANOTHER waiter comes in right as he said, "Forceps." The waiter gave us a weird look, dropped off his load, and left quickly, and then Dad started the story again and ANOTHER waiter came in (all of 'em different people). By this time we were all laughing too hard that Dad couldn't finish the story. Ma said that it kept happening because you're not supposed to talk about stuff like that at the dinner table. We all had a good time. Stace got me more Moonlight Path (I am not running out any time soon!) and the bottles were stuffed in a cute flower pot which also came with lavender seeds. There won't be any sprouts for a month! I made sure to plant them so we can get the party started. Lol. These little flower sticks came with the pot and my sister put little pictures of everyone in the flowers. So cute! I didn't want them to get wet when I put the lavender pot outside so I stuck 'em in my other pot on the counter in the kitchen. That pot has little wildflower sprouts comin' up outta the dirt. I'm so excited! :D My little brother Bobby and his wife Elyssa got me a funny card and 10 bucks (SWEET!). After dinner, Evan had to run to our house to grab our tax stuff and try finding some deductions WHICH HE DID!! and we are getting back around 500 bucks now because of his school stuff. I never imagined being grateful that his school tuition was so high!

While he was working on that, I practiced the piano for church the next morning. I have really bad joint pain all the time now and when I finally got to church on Saturday morning, my hands hurt so bad that it was hard to play the chords and I messed up a few times. Luckily, not many noticed, and boy am I happy when I got done with the closing hymn. My hands were shaking so bad during closing prayer because I was in so much pain, but I received a lot of compliments after the service though which made the pain worth it.

After church, we decided that we wanted to a) go to the snow or b) go quadding, so we packed the car full of snow gear and quads and headed out to Four Peaks. We ended up just staying at Four Peaks and not going further up to Payson, but we had a great time with our friends and family out there racing around. My puppy, Molly, got to come and she was SO happy. She did really well and I am so proud of her for not scaring anybody. Lol. She finally killed her pink star ball so she was very sad when I threw it away last night. She ran around the entire time so her paw is pretty torn up, and she likes to baby it up to get attention so she limps around the house. I call her my little gimp and I hug her. She loves attention! Lol. I never went very fast on the quad because I didn't feel like dying, and Evan made sure I always had my helmet on (such a caring husband!) and Evan decided by the end of the trip that WE have to go get quads. I told him that he got his TV, but he said that didn't count. Lol. So apparently he's looking into that. We went back to Mom and Dad's house and had some yummy steak and green beans, and then watched awful Sci-Fi Channel movies the rest of the night. They're the best to make fun of.

Sunday morning, Evan woke me up around 9:30 and after I figured out that I didn't actually wanna waste the last day of my weekend on school, we decided that we wanted to try and paint the wall in the kitchen to get an idea of how much paint we would need and whether or not we needed to prime the walls. Red is such a pain to get on the walls! The guy at Walmart told us that it took him 5 or 6 coats to paint his daughter's room, and I was like, NO WAY JOSE! But we got some high quality paint and only needed one can and 1.5-2 coats to do our dining room and it looks fantastic! Here's some Before and After shots:

BEFORE:

After:


The kitchen:


I want to get either a mirror or that cute metal Eiffel Tower wall hanging I saw to go in the kitchen in the blank space. This weekend we might be installing the crown molding in the kitchen and dining room and living room. We're painting the living room this weekend. We're going to get couch covers for the three couches and ottoman and I want to do them in shades of dark brown and beige with cutey pillows I saw at World Market on 'em. So I will make sure to get my Before and After pictures for that too this weekend. I'm excited! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.


Sisters

Best. Trip. EVER!

This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .

My baby is prettier than yours