Friday, February 26, 2010

The Glory of Friday

My brother and sister-in-law made a another trip down here from CA this weekend. Hopefully we can finally get a family picture while we're all together since it happens so rarely. Lol. Tonight we'll all be going to Buca di Beppo's, a late-birthday family dinner for me since we didn't all have the same nights free, but I like to just say it's a family get-together. Lol. I don't wanna be the center of attention anymore. If ever I was. Haha. But it's pretty sweet because my mom and dad-in law got me a gift card there for my birthday. Sweet! The tiramisu there rocks. It has a pretty strong alcohol taste compared to CA Pizza Kitchen and Olive Garden because its basically drowned in rum (lol), but I like it anyway which is a surprise since I HATE the taste of alcohol. CA Pizza Kitchen's tiramisu has more of an espresso taste to it, while Olive Garden's is more lacking in both and is sweeter. Ain't I just the tiramisu expert! Lol.
Evan got me two books for my "big" birthday present. I'm so excited for them to come! One is a book about the history of Beauty and the Beast. How cool is that??! And it's full of different renderings of the story. Pretty pictures! And the other book I got (also Disney) is a collection of artists who did all their own versions of Disney Princess. I can't wait to look at 'em.
Tomorrow I am playing the piano for opening/closing hymns and both offertories at church. I am so nervous!!! I feel nauseated and shaky, and it's weird because if I mess up, it's not like I am going to be excommunicated/ de-fellowshipped or whatever. Lol. But I figure I can at least help out once a year. My heart can't take more than that. I don't have any time to practice the piano anymore being a full-time employee and student. I've only gotten to run-through the hymns once, so tomorrow will be interesting. (Yikes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.


Sisters

Best. Trip. EVER!

This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .

My baby is prettier than yours