This weekend went pretty well. We went to church Saturday morning; I paid my tithe, stayed for potluck with Mom and Pops, and then chilled at my house for a few hours working on my cross-stitch, before returning to the church for the spaghetti dinner/talent show put on by the Mesa Wildcats Pathfinder Club. It was really cute. They put together a series of their own skits and performed them in front of everyone during the dinner, all relating stories from the Bible. They were so cute! They did a really good job and I am proud of them. I wish more people from the church had come out to support them, but we had a pretty good sized crowd overall. I left before they could tally the rest of the donations, but last I heard they were over $100. My mom sweet-talked me into playing the piano at the end of the program, so that was fun. After the dinner, everyone came back to my place. I went with my friend Allison and my sister Stace to Michaels to go pick up some yarn for a baby blanket I am working on for my brother and sister-in-law. Then we watched The Couch Trip when the rest of my family showed up. Hilarious! I love Dan Akroyd and Walter Matthau! Molly had a good time playing with Abby who came over to visit too. Abby was being so cute on the stairs. She would go down a few steps at a time and then poke her head over the side, before disappearing again to go down a little further, and poking her head back over the wall. She eventually went upstairs to lay down next to my little brother who was playing computer games in our office.
Yesterday, Evan and I had a good time being lazy. We watched the Blues Brothers and Parenthood while he worked on his production blog and me on my baby blanket and cross-stitch projects. Then we got ready and went out for a date night to Olive Garden. There weren't any movies in the theater that we were hip on seein' so we decided to go rent the worst movie of 2008 (aka Twilight) so we could put on the Rifftrax and listen to the stars of Mystery Science Theater 3000 rip into it. So we set off to Blockbuster to rent a copy, and they inform us that they never got a movie back and we now owe 21 bucks. I told them that we had taken it back because I remember. But he stated once more, "Nope, never got it!" Evan went ahead and paid it before I could say otherwise, and I was livid to say the least. I just paid over 20 bucks for a movie that I do not have in my hot little hands. I DON'T THINK SO! So I made Evan take me to the other Blockbuster (they said we dropped it off there instead of the right store) and once we got there, I politely asked for MY movie. The man looks and looks and looks. It's not there. "We already sent it to the other store." Oh, really? I told him that the other guy said they didn't have it and to please call that store for me. So he did. And guess what? They DID have it. Oh boy! Another roadtrip! We drive ALLLL the way back and the guy tries to give it to me, and I said, "I want my money back." He waited until he was done with his customer so he could "explain to me why he couldn't." I told him he could try. He gave me some BS about it being waaaaay late and that it was protocol to charge me for the movie. I told him that I am not paying for a movie that I did not like, much less, TWENTY ONE DOLLARS! I have NEVER paid that much for a DVD. So I quietly told him that I had driven all the way to the other store to get it, and then came ALL the way back, and I would like a FULL refund. He obliged and I thanked him profusely. I don't mind paying a "restocking fee" or whatever they call their late charges, but don't you dare try to charge me THAT much. We happily exited the store free of any charges and our money back and went home.
We bought the Rifftrax for Twilight and put it on our ipod to listen to while we watched the movie. It was pretty easy to sync up to the movie and we laughed our butts off for the next 2 hours. GOOD stuff. Evan and I decided that we need to get a Rifftrax for every movie we hate. Lol. I am thinking the next one we get should be for the new Star Wars or Kingdom of the Crystal Suck. We'll see!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.
Sisters
Best. Trip. EVER!
This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .
My baby is prettier than yours

No comments:
Post a Comment