Seems like this week has been longer than most since I finished with February paperwork last week and my desk is empty now. My work computer decided to have a meltdown on Monday and got infected so that was a fun two hours of doing absolutely NOTHING while the antivirus program scanned everything. It's back to normal now, which means that it's still slow, glitchy, and obnoxious, but virus free.
Nothing too excited has happened since my last post. We didn't get to paint this past weekend because it was BUSY BUSY BUSY. Friday night was nice and quiet and we both went to bed early. Saturday, we went to church (I was exalting in just getting to sit in the pew and not having to be nervously anticipating when to play the piano) and then we had to rush home, pick up choral attire (long black sleeves, skirt to the floor, black tights, and closed toe shoes. I felt like Death Incarnate. Lol. All I needed was a scythe and a hood.) and then we had to rush to my parents' house to let out Abby for a bit before my Dad got home so we could go to Grandma's house for yum yums. I got a recipe for this kind of banana pie stuff. Vanilla pudding, bananas, cool whip, and these Italian wafer things from the 99c store (a place I never go because they're usually scary. lol.) Take the wafers and line the bottom of the pan, next layer is the vanilla pudding, then sliced bananas, another layer of pudding, more bananas, and then top layer of cool whip! It's so easy and yet SOOO GOOD. We had a good time sitting around the table chit-chatting with Grandma, and then left Willie there to spend the night, and set off to our part of the valley. We detoured to Stacey and Mark's house to watch them paint. I got to see my niece-puppy Penny who is friggin adorable. Lol. And we watched two of the best TV shows Archer and Tosh.0, laughing until our stomachs hurt. We got back to our house around 2AM. On Sunday, I got up early and spent a couple hours working on my 6-page paper due this week, practiced for my choir concert, made myself all pretty, got in my "death" get-up, and rushed off to MCC Red Mountain for the concert. It went really well, 'cept for 3 measures that I will pretend were SUPPOSED to be a solo ;), and a lot of people showed up which surprised me. After that, we fought through the rain and hail to go eat at Chile's. We left there right as the rain started pouring down so hard that the road disappeared and managed to get to Safeway okay to pick up dessert and fill-up the gas tank in the VW. We finally reached my parents' house and watched Law Abiding Citizen (which we now refer to as PS I Kill You. Gerry RULES!) and feasted on our banana cream pie. :) So overall a good weekend.
We'll prolly not be able to paint this weekend either since Evan got invited to go shooting in Casa Grande and then has a bachelor party to go to right after that. My mom and sister wanna go check out a cute little "boutique" on Main Street so I'm sure I won't be left at home all alone on Saturday. Lol. I'm not sure what else we're doing yet. Last weekend was busy and it wasn't even planned that way! Well the choir concert was, but nothing else. Haha. I love having a busy life so it works for me.
Evan signed up for Krav Maga classes which he attends three times a week so he won't get home until almost 8 tonight. I haven't decided whether I am up to cleaning the upstairs, making cupcakes, or passing out on the couch. I AM SO TIRED! I'm basically counting down the hours ‘til Friday night. I am excited to sleep in (thank goodness sleeping in is 9 o clock so I can sleep in AND go to church! Lol). I have like fifty billion crafts going on right now. I just wish I could choose one and work on it til I was done, but I get distracted so easily! I have my cross-stitch, my blanket, my bunny, and now my embroidery to finish. If only my hands didn't hurt so bad all the time I could get them finished in a timely manner! Ah, well. Some advice to my dearly beloved blog readers, "Life sucks and then you die." Lol. And on that OPTIMISTIC note, I bid you adieu! ;)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love the things that you've given me,
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.
I cherish you my dear country,
But sometimes I don't understand,
The way we play.
Sisters
Best. Trip. EVER!
This is our super hero costumes. Its a work in progress . . .
My baby is prettier than yours

No comments:
Post a Comment